A unique company
As the UK's leading provider of optical care at home, we are searching for passionate optometrists to join us at the forefront of domiciliary.
Driven by our belief that clinically excellent eye care should be accessible and affordable for all, we use the latest mobile technology and processes to change people's lives for the better.
We deliver our life-changing service right across the UK, supporting the NHS to provide vital eye care to people who may struggle to get to the high street unaided.
Following our recent partnership with Optimism Health Group, we are transforming our business to provide an even better service to our customers and even better rewards to our highly valued workforce.
A vital and rewarding role
We're on the lookout for an optometrist in or around Taunton who wants to help us achieve our mission of changing people's lives through clinically excellent eye care.
This is an important hire for us as we have a waiting list of patients in the area who are eager to get access to our trusted at-home service.
We're a flexible employer, and you can choose the number of days you work to fit around family and other commitments - plus we never work weekends!
- Help 7 patients every day, visiting them in their own homes or between 14-16 patients, visiting them in their care home. Our appointments are longer than you’d get on the high street, allowing you time to form better relationships with your patients and deliver gold-standard customer care.
- Be trusted to make autonomous decisions and valued for your expertise. Although you'll never be on your own as you can get support or a second opinion in minutes from our senior optometrist team at head office.
- Use the very latest equipment, including a digital fundus camera, mobile slit lamp, I-care tonometer and our industry-leading digital records system, which means no paperwork.
- Be supported with your CPD. We'll invest in you and give you the time to complete exams if required.
If you are looking for a new challenge and would value the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives by providing clinically excellent optometry in their homes, then we'd love for you to be part of our journey.
- Market-leading salary between £62,000 to £64,000 per annum depending on experience.
- £20,000 location allowance, per annum
- Strong bonus structure.
- Fully expensed company car.
- Up to £10,000 welcome bonus (Terms & Conditions apply).
- Access to a Stay Safe App enhancing safety for lone workers.
- Access to our colleague assistance programme, Health Assured supporting the wellbeing of the workforce.
- Fantastic equipment and a lightweight kit bag allowing for a streamlined testing process.
- Support with College of Optometrists Higher Qualifications in their Professional Certificates programme.
- Payment of your GOC fees.
- Free CPD events.
- Generous pension scheme, matched up to 5%.
- Private medical insurance.
- Life assurance.
- Flexible contracts for full-time or part-time work.
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Employee discounts.
- Weekends off.
- A chance to change people's lives.