Job Title: Dispatch Administrator
Reporting to: Laboratory Operations Manager
Salary: £20,649 p/a
Hours: 40 hours per week, Full time
Location: Cambuslang, Glasgow
OutsideClinic and Visioncall, part of the Optimism Group, a leading provider of domiciliary eyecare throughout the United Kingdom.
A key aspect will be building and maintaining strong working relationships with Delivery Associates and providing outstanding services to make Visioncall their Optical supplier of choice.
At Visioncall we are about empowering our people and coaching them to develop themselves, enabling them to really help elderly and vulnerable adults with their eye care needs.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Liaising with the Lab and dispensing staff to ensure the smooth and efficient running of deliveries to ensure the best possible patient care.
- Checking in spectacles received from the manufacturing lab
- Batching spectacles by Care Homes or Home Visit patients
- Chasing glasses that may be over time
- Ensuring spectacles are secure until delivery is ready
- Picking pre-defined delivery schedule 3 days in advance
- Posting pre-arranged delivery to the delivery team to a predesignated destination.
- Posting patient’s glasses to either care home or own home
- Keeping database up to date
- Always represent Visioncall in a professional and positive manner.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the company business/employees/patients and their families.
- Comply and keep up to date with company Infection prevention and control policies and ensure disposal of any clinical waste meets Company guidelines.
- Work to Company and industry regulatory practices, adhering to Company standards, policies, and procedures, delivering best practice methods, and taking responsibility for our customer’s needs.
- Keep your knowledge current in all aspects of our standard operating practices, meeting key performance outcomes which contribute to the overall team success.
- Offer support to others to help them learn and solve any Customer issues, both within the team and sharing knowledge more widely.
- Provide administrative support to the office function.
- Working to and positively contributing to our Company culture and values.
- Undertake any other requests as many be reasonably required by the business.
Qualifications and Skills
- Optical experience an advantage but not essential
- You should be passionate about working within the Optical Health Care sector, particularly domiciliary care.
- Be prepared to undertake any additional training appropriate to your role
- Awareness of the commercial aims and objectives of the Company.
- You must be computer literate and able to use a variety of software packages with confidence.
- Highly organised with an excellent attention to detail, displaying a high degree of accuracy in your work.
- Excellent Customer Service skills and able to problem solve.
- Confidently work in a fast-paced role and using your initiative to manage your day to day responsibilities.
What we offer
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- A friendly environment with regular team days
- Relaxed dress code
- Comprehensive training
- Career progression opportunities
- Additional holidays with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
- Free sight and hearing test and discounted eyewear and hearing products