Job title: IT Director
Reporting to: Managing Director
Optimism Health Group is a healthcare investment business, focussing specifically on the rapidly growing market for the provision of healthcare products and clinical services to older people. Through a series of acquisitions, we have created the UK's leading provider of optical and hearing care at home, OutsideClinic Group.
Last year we delivered over 220,000 domiciliary clinics for older people in their own homes, as well as in care homes and sheltered housing. This life-changing service operates right across the UK, supporting the NHS to provide vital eye and hearing care to people who may struggle to get to the high street unaided.
We have identified both the need and opportunity to scale the service over the next few years. To do this we are building on our strengths, expanding our capabilities, and continually seeking to improve what we do and how we do it to better serve our customers.
As part of the strategy, we have identified the newly created role of IT Director as fundamental to driving the business forward and providing the technological roadmap to success. We are excited by the prospect of adding an expert technical leader who can enable the organisation to realise these opportunities.
This is a fantastic time to be joining OutsideClinic. We are a purpose driven business, making a vital contribution to the quality of life of the people we serve. We are investing to scale the offering to deliver an ambitious growth strategy. We’re putting developing our people at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for an experienced IT director to oversee the IT operations in our organisation and provide strategic leadership across the IT team. You'll be responsible for managing employees within the IT department, liaising with other departments to ascertain their technological requirements, and developing solutions that are aligned with our organisation's vision and goals.
To be successful in this role, you should have an excellent technical aptitude, as well as exceptional project and people leadership skills. Ultimately, as the IT director you should maintain smooth, secure, and updated technical operations within the organisation.
Strategic intent of IT:
- Cloud-first hybrid environment with ongoing migration from on-premises infrastructure to create a single, flexible, cost-optimal IT infrastructure
- ITIL service management-based approach to delivery in order to align services and operations
- Software build for core operational systems, SaaS for commoditised solutions
- IT operations infrastructure
- IT Service Delivery & Support (including service improvement)
- Software development of bespoke applications
- Communications technology platform
- Network security
- Develop, implement, and evaluate IT projects in line with organisational objectives
- Develop and evolve IT policies and procedures aligned to strategic business plans
- Liaising with other departments to determine and address their IT needs and requirements
- Manage and engage with employees in the IT department
- Ensure the maintenance of current projects and technology systems
- Identifying vulnerabilities, the need for upgrades, and opportunities for improvement
- Propose strategic solutions and make recommendations for/to new systems, equipment and software
- Prepare financial budgets and performance reports
- Build and maintain relationships with external advisors and vendors
- Ensure escalated issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Manage the technology platform security strategy and risk management
- Collaborate with senior leadership team on business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
- Grow and strengthen the skills and capabilities in IT over the next 2 years
- Optimisation of IT service delivery performance and quality, focusing on continuous service improvement principles and feedback mechanisms
IT Director Requirements:
- Demonstrated experience at leadership level in an IT environment
- Proven track record of managing and execution multiple, critical projects simultaneously
- Experience in IT operations (strong technical background) inc. hardware/software, networks etc
- Sound working knowledge of IT operations, systems, and developments
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
- Proof of continued education, such as software certifications, is desirable
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience of acquisitions and integration is desirable
- Organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Competitive salary
- Flexible & hybrid working options
- Generous pension scheme, matched up to 5%
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance (4 x salary)
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Employee discounts Weekends off
- A chance to change people's lives for the better
- Participation in senior management bonus scheme
- Swindon Head Office based