Job Title: Audiology Patient Advisor
Reporting to: Audiology Support Manager
Salary: £19,500 per annum
Hours: Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week
Qualifications: GCSE’s grade C or above in Maths and English
We're OutsideClinic - the UK's leading home-visiting optician and hearing specialist. We have provided at-home sight and hearing care for older people within their communities for over 30 years. We believe that clinically excellent eye and hearing care should be accessible and affordable for all. Our mission is to change people's lives by delivering excellent optometry and audiology services in the homes of people who can't get to the high street unaided.
The role of Audiology Patient Advisor is to introduce the company’s hearing services to new NHS patients and private customers, as well as existing customers that have used OutsideClinic for their optical needs or have reached the end of their NHS pathway.
- Inbound calls from patients who have expressed an interest in booking a private or NHS hearing test.
- Understanding and communicating up to date information on the products and services offered by OutsideClinic.
- Identifying booking opportunities and leads.
- Act as a filter for quality lead generation; discussing the current difficulties with the patients hearing, advise what will happen during the hearing test, and inform patients of the cost of a hearing aid.
- Contact patients after their Private or NHS fitting appointment. Follow up on how they found the experience, how they're finding the hearing aid and if any further assistance is necessary.
- Refer any patients to the Clinical Team if they are experiencing any issues with their hearing aids.
- Contact patients that have reached the end of their NHS pathway to enquire if they require a further hearing test.
- Triage calls for any customers requiring a wax removal appointment.
- Being proactive with contacts to ensure we are first in mind when they are looking for assistance with their hearing care needs.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to achieve high standards at all times and be able to use initiative and creativity.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude, with a desire to exceed internal/external client expectations.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good IT/literacy and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills, ability to take responsibility for and prioritise own workload.
- Good customer service skills, committing to company belief of ‘always do what is right for the patient’.
- A professional, approachable nature.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
What we offer
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- A friendly environment with regular team days
- Relaxed dress code
- Comprehensive training
- Career progression opportunities
- Additional holidays with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
- Free sight and hearing test and discounted eyewear and hearing products
- Three 'treat' holiday days granted for 100% attendance