Job Title: HR Administrator & Receptionist
Reporting to: Payroll Pensions and HR Manager
Salary: Circa £21,000 depending on experience
Hours: Monday to Friday 37.5 hours to cover a working week of 8:30am-18:00pm
Qualifications: GCSE’s grade C or above in Maths and English
OutsideClinic is the UK’s leading home-visiting Optician and hearing specialist (Voted Company of the Year 2012 by the Association of Optometrists). Our Head Office is based in Swindon, Wiltshire, and we have been providing ‘At Home’ sight and hearing care for older people within their communities for over 30 years.
This role is very hands on and varied. It involves the assistance with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the HR and reception functions and duties.
- Ensure that Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) checks are completed for all relevant employees and updated as required.
- Carry out monthly professional registration checks eg., General Optical Council (GOC) and Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) for Optometry and Audiology staff
- Emailing new starters with logistical information for first day etc.
- Adding optometrists to Primary Care System England (PCSE) system
- Sending out welcome gift to new field staff starters
- Update safeguarding table for optometrists
- Ensure that holiday requests for field staff are authorised and added to OCHR
- Support HR team with ad hoc administrative and projects duties as required.
- Greeting visitors and manage welcome system
- Keep up to date with onsite and new starter changes
- Liaise with relevant departments for updates and information
- Preparing meeting minutes, meeting notes and internal support materials and following up action points
- Booking meeting rooms for Directorate as required
- Ensure that conference room is maintained in a clean and tidy manner
- Managing orders for stationery and office consumables.
- Complies with all aspects of the Health and Safety at Work Etc Act 1974 and with the Company's current Health and Safety Policies.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Methodical and thorough approach to work
- Good at juggling tasks and prioritising
- A great team player
- A desire to show initiative
- Minimum two years office administrative experience
What we offer
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- A friendly environment with regular team days
- Relaxed dress code
- Comprehensive training
- Career progression opportunities
- Additional holidays with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
- Free sight and hearing test and discounted eyewear and hearing products