As a qualified Dispensing Optician, your role will be much more varied than in practice! You will be delivering, fitting and adjusting prescription glasses in the patient’s home, travelling around your region and visiting around 12 patients a day. All of your routes and appointments are booked by our expert Scheduling team and with full support from our in-house Professional Services department, you can be sure that you will have everything you need to give your patients the best possible care and attention.
You must be a confident driver with at least two years of driving experience and be GOC registered. Full training will be provided.
Activities of the role
- Driving to each patient scheduled in throughout the day.
- Delivering, fitting and adjusting prescription glasses in the patient's home, and making sure they understand how to use their new glasses.
- Giving advice, information and support to patients living with sight loss.
- Dealing with general queries such as refund requests, consent to leave glasses etc.
- Working to achieve KPIs.
- Making sure to provide exemplary patient service resulting in patient satisfaction.
What's on offer?
- An annual salary of up to £25k pa, depending on experience.
- Performance-related bonus.
- Full and Part-Time opportunities available.
- GOC and ABDO fees paid.
- Fully expensed company car.
- Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5% on successful completion of the probationary period.
- 28 days holiday entitlement (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Three 'treat' days for 100% attendance.
- Discounted eyewear and hearing products.
Along with excellent communication skills and the ability to demonstrate empathy and patience, you will also be a motivated individual, commercially aware and focused on achieving your own goals. You will be comfortable and confident working alone and as part of a regional team, and enjoy driving. You will be the type of person who enjoys seeing a job well done right through to the end, and take pride in what you do.