We can't tell you what it's really like to work in domiciliary in one or two sentences here, but what we can tell you is that being an integral part of the community and visiting patients who are unable to get to the high street is soul-satisfying. Knowing you've made a real difference to someone's life every day is unique to domiciliary - and here at OutsideClinic, we do domiciliary differently.
Forget everything you think you know about this branch of optics and hear it straight from one of our optometrists – we can arrange a chat with them to find out just how rewarding a career this truly is, and it might not be what you expected! But first, we’re sure you want to know more about what we can offer you in a nutshell, so take a look:
- An annual salary of up to £80k pa pro rata, depending on experience.
- Company car and an excellent commission structure.
- Flexible contracts, working full or part-time.
- Full daily support by a whole office of friendly assistants.
- The latest portable optometry kit – even a miniature digital fundus camera!
- Pension matched up to 5%.
- Professional fees and Insurance covered.
- Additional benefits.
At OutsideClinic we don’t work weekends – so you can fit work around your life, not the other way around.
As a professional, friendly optometrist with the passion to really use those hard-earned clinical skills you’ve developed, you’ll want to go that extra mile for your patients. You’ll be able to think on your feet and build a fantastic rapport, meaning you’ll offer the best advice and solutions to help your patient improve their quality of life. You’ll be an experienced driver and will enjoy the day-to-day variety that isn’t always possible when testing in an enclosed practice environment. You’ll be organised and ready for a new challenge! If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.